Thursday, October 16, 2008

Homework

I myself enjoy doing homework because it helps me get a better understanding of what i had learned in class that day. Homework is crucial when teaching students. Homework is another way to evaluate the children, if they understand the work they are doing. If a teacher doesn't enforce homework, how would the teacher know if his/her students understand the work they have been doing? Also homework evaluates the teacher. If the students' homework seems to be wrong all the time, it could possibly mean that the teacher is not teaching properly. That's not a good teacher.
I know I apply myself more in the classroom if I receive homework, it shows me that I understand the concepts. I believe that goes for all students, elementary and on.
Homework should be enforced entirely, but I don't agree with teachers who give pages on top of pages of homework. That only overwhelms the student, a child who is overwhelmed will not be focused, and we don't need that in our classrooms.

Homework=understanding=good grades

2 comments:

Norma's Blog said...

Yay you blogged!!! about time!
anyways, I agree with what you are saying that teachers should enforce homework in order for the students to receive alot of practice and get a full understandment of the material that was taught. I don't agree though with teachers who give alot of homework and every single day. So I am glad we are on the same page..=D
see you in class
even though you're right next to me =p

Dr. Luongo said...

Hi Janira!

You claimed, "Also homework evaluates the teacher. If the students' homework seems to be wrong all the time, it could possibly mean that the teacher is not teaching properly."

How true. I always say that I can tell what lessons fell "flat" by lowe grades on homework or tests. Many times the teacher is to blame when the students are not prepared.

Welcome back!